Win a trip to South Africa to help Baby orphaned Rhinos
Here’s the deal: We want to reward the hardcore fans of the Man Ex community who are consistently engaging with our content and helping our mission to protect endangered wildlife especially our rhinos. It’s just another way we can give back and reward all of you who devote your attention and care to what we do.
HOW YOU CAN WIN
It’s pretty simple to win. All you have to do is:
2) like comment and save our Instagram posts within the first 2 minutes after posting it using hashtag #ManExClub in your comment
3) A $15 Travel Credit will be awarded to you for each post you comment on
The person with the most accumulated travel credits by November 30th 2019 will win a free trip with @tjkwild to help care for rhinos (flights not included, only accommodations, food and activity costs are covered) The GOOD NEWS is there are no losers here. All participants will be able to use their accumulated credits against the cost of any Man Ex Africa trip so the more you comment on our posts, the more travel credits you will accumulate (all awarded credits are valid for 2 years expiring on August 30, 2021)
Check out this video to see it in action:
Follow these steps:
1) Follow @ManExpeditions and @tjkwild.
2) Like and comment on @tjkwilds and @ManExpeditions posts within the first 2 minutes using hashtag #GetBehindRhinos to earn a $15 credit per post comment. BONUS credits awarded if you save our posts to a dedicated album called Man Ex as shown in the video above. $2 for each post you save.
3) Donate to increase your contest credits. You don’t have to donate to the #manExRhinoRescue campaign but if you do we will add the dollar value of your donation to your total credit score giving you a better chance of winning this contest. If you wish to donate you can do so HERE
By engaging with our posts you are directly helping to spread awareness about the epidemic in South Africa with Rhino poaching. The donation we receive to run #ManExRhinoRescue Expeditions cover the following:
1) Veterinarian fees.
2) Helicopter and pilot fees to track the rhinos at risk of being poached.
3) Costs associated with ear notching and tagging the rhinos for identification and tracking purposes.
4) Ground support teams.
5) Lodging costs during the expedition.
6) Medical supplies, milk, vitamins etc. for the baby orphaned rhinos
7) Daily maintenance of the baby rhino boma’s, living areas and hospital operational costs
8) 24 hour security patrols around the reserve parameters to safe guard the rhinos from poachers
COMMENT TO WIN THIS TRIP TO AFRICA TO HELP SAVE RHINOS
Dates: May 5-8, 2020
Duration: 3 days
Countries: South Africa
Physical Rating: 2/5
Starts In: Kruger National Park
Ends In: Kruger National Park
9am: Flight from Johannesburg to the Baby Rhino Orphanage host location
1pm: Lunch at our Rhino Project host lodge and some time to relax.
3pm: You will help feed the baby rhinos at the hospital, giving milk to them and other orphaned animals needing care.
7pm: Night game drive
6.30am Snack Continental Breakfast
7am: Preparing milk for the Baby Rhinos and helping with the disinfecting of their boma’s
8am: Help feed all the Baby Rhino’s their milk and pellets and patrol the reserve parameters with K9 dog units who are at the forefront of protecting the rhinos from poachers
9.am Main Breakfast
12pm: Lunch/down time
3pm: Second milk feeding for the baby rhinos and help to feed other rehabilitated wildlife on the reserve.
7pm: Night walk across the reserve with Ranger Units
8pm: Relaxation time
6.30am Snack Continental Breakfast
7am: Preparing milk for the Baby Rhinos for their 8am feeding
10am: Checkout and transfer to airport
12.30: Fly to Johannesburg where we will overnight before we fly to Kwa-Zulu Natal
9am: Road transfer to Rhino Rescue Project location and lodge (3 hours drive)
12pm: Lunch at our Rhino Project host lodge and some time to relax.
4pm: Sunset Game Drive
7pm: Pre-dinner drink
6.30am: After a quick breakfast we embark on the #ManExRhinoRescue Project. This is a protocol we follow to help protect and remove rhinos from the risk of being killed by poachers. You will have the opportunity to be directly involved in the ear notching, tagging and the medical/health evaluation process of rhino/s out in the wild. Your participation in this part of the expedition helps greatly to fund the infrastructure required to support the protection of rhinos from poachers and to restore the ever dwindling rhino population numbers.
1pm: Lunch and time to relax
4pm: Sunset game drive
8pm: Private Dinner
6am: Communal coffee/ tea continental breakfast spread
6.30am: Sunrise game drive
10am: Departure back to Durban to connect to your flight to Johannesburg for your international flight back home.
• Luxury Lodge accommodations at our Rhino Project Partner lodge (3 days) and basic bunk room accommodations at our Rhino Orphanage partner lodge (3 days)
• All meals, house wines, beer and spirits included at Rhino Project Partner lodge. Our Rhino Orphanage lodge offers all meals but there will be limited alcohol available for liability reasons.
• Activity transfers to/from accommodations
• Group leader from beginning to end of tour
• 4x4 Safari drives
• National Park Permit fees
• Wildlife Conservation Permits
Legal stuff our Lawyers want to mention
You (“Winner”) + 1 (“Guest”)
May 5 - 11, 2020
Where do the funds go:
All proceeds go towards the cost of running the #ManExRhinoRescue Expeditions.
August 9, 2019
Deadline to enter:
January 30, 2020
Approximate Retail Value:
You must be at least 18 years old to win.
If Winner and/or Guest reside outside the country where experience will take place, Winner and/or Guest must have current, valid passports, and be able to travel to the experience location(s). If they are unable to travel to the experience location(s), they will forfeit the prize. Winners must not be residents of Belgium, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Italy, North Korea, Singapore, Sudan, Syria or Thailand. In certain countries, local rules and laws may restrict or prohibit the award of certain prizes or impose additional restrictions on participation. Entry is subject to all local laws. See our Contest Official Rules for more details. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Charity, or Prize Provider, and members of their immediate families and households, are not eligible to win.
Individuals may not receive more than one major/grand prize and one minor prize within the same 18 month period.
How to Enter:
Donate any amount. If you have donated the highest amount by the time the funding goal is reached you will win. Donations are not refundable should you not win and anyone who donates more than $500 will be issued with a $1,000 credit voucher to use on any Man Expeditions trip (valid for 2 years expiring on August 1, 2021). This credit voucher can not be combined with any other contest or promotion.
At Man Expeditions, we believe fundraising should be about impact, not percentages. Our model allows us, in partnership with Charities and Nonprofits, to really make a difference and disrupt the way society traditionally thinks about charitable giving.
Here’s how it works: Man Expeditions and various Nonprofits work together to offer incredible prizes and experiences that anyone can potentially win. To enter you will need to make a donation of any amount. Your donation is then used to fund a great cause, which we love. Man Expeditions pays for everything that’s needed to run the contest, which means the only ones taking a chance are the entrants (you!)—not the charity/Nonprofit. The Nonprofit can spend less time worrying about raising funds, and instead focus their energy on doing awesome work.
*This means that for the typical campaign, from every dollar you donate, 60 cents is passed directly through to the cause. If there are multiple charities/nonprofits, then grants of equal share are made to each. Of the remaining 40 cents, 25 cents is typically used to pay for things like advertising, payment processing and the costs of making the campaign a success—including providing the prize. Then the last 15 cents goes to Man Expeditions and is used to cover the cost of providing and maintaining the technology and team that makes this all happen.
The result? Causes get a guaranteed grant with no risk and no overhead or investment, our lucky winners get awesome experiences, and everyone else gets to help a great cause and spread joy!