Thanks for popping over to this page to learn more about the work we do with these amazing Primates. All the Gorilla Mountain Expeditions we lead through Rwanda each year directly support the research and rehabilitation infrastructure required to help protect these endangered species. Your participation helps fund this infrastructure so we thank all of you who have or will be participating.
Our Gorilla Mountain Expeditions literally get you off-the-beaten track as we take you up the mountains through dense bush to see these magnificent primates up close and personal.
Highlights of the expedition include:
- Gorilla tracking in Parc National des Volcans (PNV) - Golden monkey tracking in Parc National des Volcans (PNV) - Hike to Dian Fossey’s grave and visit the Karisoke Research Centre - Intore dance group performance - Local Community visit
Arriving in Kigali you will be welcomed by our expert guide who will provide knowledge and assistance throughout your safari. Set off for the Man Expeditions Host Luxury Mountain Lodge in the Volcanoes National Park. Enjoy your pre-dinner drinks on the terrace with stunning views of the Volcanoes or warm yourself inside by the roaring fire. CLICK HERE TO VIEW ACCOMMODATIONS
Approximate Travel Time: Driving 3 hours. Please book flights arriving no later than 10:00am.
Today choose from one of the optional activities:
- Go for a second gorilla trek (additional permits required)
- Trek to the grave of pioneer primatologist Dian Fossey and visit the gorilla cemetery, the final resting place of her favorite gorilla, Digit, and many other gorillas.
- Visit Lake Kivu, location of the finest inland beaches in Africa.
- Take a guided walk to Lake Bulera, to experience village life.
- Tour the former Imbabazi Orphanage and beautiful English cottage gardens.
Drive to Kigali, and time permitting, enjoy a city tour and a visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial before your international flight.
A visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial is a moving testimony to this country’s past that it has courageously overcome (guests to pay/donate entrance fees directly).
Transfer to the airport in time for your return flight.