Due to limited availability for this expedition you will need to first register to be placed on our waitlist. A $950 refundable deposit is required to be waitlisted for this trip. We will be prioritizing trip placement requests in the order they are received based on a first come first serve basis. If we are not able to place you on this expedition within 10 business days then your $950 deposit will be refunded.
Dates: June 1-6, 2018
Highlights: • Beginner SUP or kayak through breath-taking turquoise blue ice caves and glaciers.
• Ice climb remote glaciers with a certified guide and explore the deep caverns and crevasses of the glaciers • Hike across ice fields and mountain trails • Relax in the Man Expedition cedar wood sauna each day after a long day out exploring with the guys.
Group Size: Min 6, Max 10
Waitlist Deposit Due: $950 (waitlist requests are prioritized in the order they are received on a first come first serve basis)
Price: Various packages available. Contact us for more info.
Accommodations: CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Physical Rating: Suitable for beginners but your cardio fitness should be somewhat decent. If you can jog 5km without stopping then you will be fine.
Day 1: Check-in
- 3pm departure from Anchorage. We would recommend taking the scenic Deluxe Motorcoach by Alaska Rail. The Deluxe Motorcoach is equally as scenic as the train (in our opinion anyway, some may argue that) and half the price. The Motor Coach arrives into Seward at 5.45pm in time for our check-in at 6pm. Here is the booking link for the Alaskan Deluxe Motorcoach: https://alaskatrain.com/book/ . Make sure you book your coach ticket with drop off in "small boat harbour". We will pick you up from small boat harbour upon arrival at 5.45pm into Seward.
- Check into the 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom Man Expedition Wood Cabin Lodge in Seward at 6pm. ( Note: each washroom with be shared between 4 guys. The 2 members who booked the Master room will share their en-suite washroom with 2 other members and the other 4 members will share the second communal washroom).
- 6.30pm - Meet & Greet party with the group before heading out to dinner.
- Over dinner we will discuss the plan of action for the days ahead of us.
- After dinner we will fire up our cedar sauna for some chill time before hitting the sack. We have an early start in the morning so we should try be in bed by 10.30-11pm
Day 2: Glacier Hike & Ice Climb
- At 8am we set off for a full day hike and glacier expedition across Exit Glacier. Depending on weather conditions we will spend 2-3 hours on the glacier ice climbing through the bright turquoise blue glacier crevasses . Difficulty: Moderate to Hard but suitable for beginners
Day 3: Kayak
- At 8am we set out for a half day kayak through Tonsina Creek. The rest of the day/evening is free to explore the town. If some of you are feeling up to it we can take a cycle to the base of Exit Glacier.
Day 4: Mount Marathon Hike
- 10am Mount Marathon Hike. Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult: Steep Trail (1400 ft elevation gain). Helicopter transfer to the top is available for those who don't want to hike (extra fee for this)
- The rest of the day/evening is free to explore Seward.
Day 5: Overnight SUP Glacier Expedition
- 7am we set out for our Overnight Glacier SUP and Kayaking expedition. Upon arrival at our base camp, we'll unload our gear and begin our paddle through massive icebergs, islands, waterfalls and the bluest glacier ice anywhere. After a long day paddling we'll be back at camp getting ready for an amazing dinner followed by an evening ocean sup/kayak to stark rock protrusions along the rugged coastline (weather permitting). At night we will fall asleep listening to the ice roll and calve while the ocean swells crash behind us on the beach. This is our personal piece of heaven and absolutely Alaskan in everyway!. The following morning after breakfast we will head out for a morning paddle before we head back on the boat.
Day 6: Departure
- We will be back from our Overnight Glacier Expedition by 2pm
- It is recommended you catch the Deluxe Motorcoach PM at 6.30pm from Seward (Small Boat Harbour) to Anchorage via the Alaska Train website: https://alaskatrain.com/book/. $65 is the cost currently. Prices may go up depending on availability. We suggest booking your departure flight for the next day but if you can find a red-eye flight that departs after 11.30pm on this day then grab it. You will need to book a hotel in Anchorage if you are not able to book a red-eye flight. We have a host hotel for this trip if you wish to stay with the rest of the guys.
- Wood Cabin accommodations with private cedar wood sauna. 4 shared rooms and 2 shared washrooms
- Breakfast (home cooked) in our lodge each morning.
- Lunch & Dinner
- Bikes ( with helmets) for local exploration between planned expeditions.
- Kayaking/SUP/Climbing Equipment, Tents, Meals, Jet boat ride, Guide Services, Permits and Park User Fees.
-Scheduled Activities: Overnight Glacier SUP/Kayak Expedition, Glacier Ice Climbing ( Full day), Tonsina Creek Half Day Kayak, Mount Marathon Hike ( Half Day).
-Flights/Coach transportation to Seward
-Booking Terms & Conditions: http://www.manexpeditions.com/bookingterms
-Waiver/Release Of Liability: http://www.manexpeditions.com/disclaimers